The NIHR Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Translational Research Centre is a new £3 million national centre for patient safety research funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). We are a collaboration between the Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Universities of Leeds and Bradford and we are hosted within the Yorkshire Quality and Safety Research Group. Together we engage staff and patients to deliver research that makes healthcare safer.
Learn more about how we work.
Our key strengths include:
- a strong partnership of leading multidisciplinary patient safety researchers across a whole region
- joint NHS and academic leadership, close working with NHS staff
- work across all healthcare organisations (primary, secondary, mental health and community care) and at the boundaries of care
- a track record of commitment to patient/carer and public involvement in research
- the skills, expertise and drive to translate new ideas into policy and practice.
Our aim is to deliver research that makes healthcare safer and we will do this by focusing on four important research themes: