The Digital Incubator is our environment where we nurture potential projects before they go live. The Incubator has proved an effective way to manage and spin up successful projects like our Winter Pressures project.
This is an environment for collaborators and doctoral researchers to get feedback from multidisciplinary groups of clinicians and academics. Previous Spotlight on… sessions have looked at:
- a proposal for the our Command Centre evaluation
- development of our Theory Development Workshops
- within-Centre collaborative discussion on evaluating a tool for early detection of cancer
- developing our collaborative proposal to study post-operative outcomes for cancer patients during the pandemic
- presentation of early doctoral work by Siân Carey on “Safe Reinforcement Learning for Maternal Sepsis Treatment”
- development of impact plans for previous work on Computer-Aided Risk Scoring systems (CARSs)
Affiliated doctoral researchers
Emma Briggs (UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Artificial Intelligence for Medical Diagnosis and Care at the University of Leeds) Using AI to improve cancer risk-assessment tools (RATs) in primary care
Siân Carey (UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Artificial Intelligence for Medical Diagnosis and Care at the University of Leeds) Patient Safety with AI – using AI to ensure safer AI
Emma Eyers (University of Bradford) The role of the digital midwife in the implementation and adoption of a new electronic patient record
Zaid Olanrewaju (University of Bradford) The role of technology in monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic
Contact for more information
If you have any questions about our Digital Incubator, please contact Ciarán McInerney.