Themed call: Care received at home including social care
We want to help healthcare staff and researchers in our region explore new patient safety research ideas. To do this, we have developed our Safety Innovation Challenge Fund, which aims to help teams of healthcare staff, researchers and patients get their patient safety research ideas off the ground. The fund offers awards of up to £10,000 for projects that will be completed within one year.
The theme for the 2020-2021 Safety Innovation Challenge Fund (Round 2) is patient safety at home. This is a broad theme encompassing research into patient safety across health and social care including: home healthcare, informal care, interfaces of healthcare and social care, virtual wards and emergency care received at home. We are also interested in strategies to avoid admissions to hospital.
Register for the Safety Innovation Challenge Fund Web Event
You can register for the Safety Innovation Challenge Web Event to learn more about this call and to discuss your project ideas. The event will be held virtually on 29th September 2020 at 10am-12pm. Register by emailing Lucy Chapman
How to apply
Questions about applications can also be sent to Lucy Chapman. Applications must be submitted no later than 30th November 2020.
Your application will be assessed on the following criteria by a panel comprising members of the PSTRC executive group and patient Lay Leaders:
- The potential of your project to improve patient safety.
- Whether your project is early translational in nature – i.e. it explores concepts, theories and methods that may have a role in increasing the safety of care but have not yet been developed or fully exploited.
- Your project’s fit with the themed call.
- Measurability of your objectives and planned patient safety outcomes / deliverables.
- The clarity of the concepts, theories and / or models underpinning your work.
- Deliverability of the project within the timeframe and clarity of your milestones.
- The suitability of your research plan in the COVID-19 situation.
- Your patient and public involvement plan.
- The suitability of your project team (backgrounds and specialisms).
- Safety Innovation Challenge Web Event: 29 September 2020
- Application deadline: 30 November 2020
- Award notifications: Week beginning 15 January 2021
- Funding agreements signed: 26 February 2021
- Protocols agreed: 26 March 2021